Environmental Cleaning, Disinfecting, and Decontamination Services in Chicago
What is covid-19?
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the Coronvirus (CoV) is a large family of enveloped viruses which are know to cause illnesses ranging from the common cold, to more severe illinesses such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respriatory Syndrome.
Coronavirus is zoonotic, meaning they are intially transmitted between animals and people and these types of viruses are named for the crown-like spikes (“coronas”) on their surface when viewed under an electron microscope. There are seven known strains that can infect people but most are not life threatening.
Symptoms have ranged from infected people with little or no symptoms to becoming severely ill and dying. Symptoms can include Fever, Fatigue, Upper Respiratory Symptoms, and Shortness of Breath. Symptoms can appear in as few as two days or as long at 14 days. The strain is still very new and is in need of further research. Currently there is no vaccine.
PROTECTION & PREVENTION TIPS
1. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitzer.
2. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
3. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
4. Stay home when you are sick.
5. Cover your cough and sneeze with a tissue, then throw it in the trash.
6. Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
PLAN OF ACTION
As your janitorial provider in Chicago, Illinois, we are trying to be proactive instead of reactive. We’re reinforcing our protocols to make sure all of our cleaning staff is:
1. Trained on the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and are ready to respond to your call for more extensive disinfection.
2. We have identified specific disinfectants that have proven effective in killing the Human Coronavirus and many other bacteria, viruses and fungi.
3. We are making sure that our employees are targeting high-touch surfaces and cleaning correctly.
Virucide Disinfection System: Misting provides higher efficiency by improving coverage more efficiently and effectively than spray wipe methods and wipes. It delivers disinfectant into the numerous hard to reach corners and crevices in every facility that wipe methods can’t reach. This system allows us to disinfect over 40,000 sq.ft per hour of building space.
- Fogger: This is recommended for wide area coverage of large spaces such as warehouses and manufacturing building. This process needs to be monitored carefully so electrical equipment doesn’t get damaged by water.
- Electrostatic Spraying: The recommended method to help disinfect an area by giving an electric charge to the liquid to quickly and evenly coat a surface. This is required for offices due to multitude of touch points.
This includes the application of Spartan Halt and Diversey Oxivir disinfectants using electrostatic sprayers, foggers, spray bottles, and wiping if needed. All horizontal surfaces, “Common Use” High Touch Points (HTP), “Personal Use” HTPs (e.g. desk phones, keyboards, etc.), restrooms, breakrooms, and other common areas will be disinfected.
AFTER A CONFIRMED CASE
After a confirmed case of COVID-19 in your building, Rozalado can provide a full decontamination of your entire facility to disinfect every surface top to bottom. This includes the application of Spartan Halt and/or Diversey Oxivir using sprayers and foggers, including electrostatic sprayers. Every surface and all HTPs throughout your building will be disinfected.
Specialty Cleaning Services
This is a great time to go ahead and schedule the more in-depth cleaning services while your building is hardly occupied or even shut down. We can provide the following specialty services to make sure your building sparkles, inside and out, once most of the employees return to work.
Building maintenance, facilities and portfolio management, and general contracting. We provide services such as plumbing, electrical, handyman, and more.
Pest control, window washing, power washing, supply inventory management, and more.
We’re adding the link for the CDC website for information and guidelines to ensure workplace safety and cleanliness
CDC: Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), February 2020
COVID-19 CLEANING SERVICES QUOTE
Rozalado’s full catalog of Environmental Cleaning, Disinfecting, and Decontamination Services in Chicago
Disclaimer: The application of a disinfectant chemical does not provide any residual effect or prevention from future contamination. Repeated applications are necessary to disinfect areas that continue to be occupied. The disinfection treatments we use are designed for hard, non-porous surfaces and will have no impact on airborne viruses. While the chemicals and cleaning techniques that we use are recommended by the EPA and CDC to prevent the spread of COVID-19, Rozalado Services provides no claim or guarantee that the virus will be completely eliminated from the treated environment.